Friday 29 April 2011

A look at the pracitioners, again.

Having a quick look back over some of the Practitioner lecturers (and specifically their websites... as I check thsi essay is finished) I have begun to remember what it is I found so futile about some of these practitioners.

As I state in my essay on the lecture series, I did manage to find the odd useful tidbit, but nothing that has truly changed my life, or even reflected positively on my practices.

What is it that I disliked so much?

Some of them produce some real poo, and make a lot of money from it.

I will not name names, but instead, I will change foot for some examples.





The relevance of these people is completely lost on me. Sculptors, Ceramicists. They slowly carve foofy shapes out of materials, while I create only what I need using a computer.

To prove my point, here are a few gems, while they are fantastic pieces of art, they are just that. Art. Completely functionless.



I feel quite annoyed that in a subject area where we are taught the essence of time keeping, remaining vigilante about the size constraints of our work, and constantly considering the end user, we are shown hapless artists and their pieces created on a whim.

Perhaps I will neglect all end users and create a completely selfish and self gratifying game? It could be an interesting result.

2 comments:

  1. Couldnt agree more about the practitioner series being a waste of time.

    We'd have been better off doing something along the lines of storywriting (to learn how to engage a player) or set dressing type drama stuff... or camera stuff like shooting a scene from best angles.... or lighting a scene correctly to engage the viewer...or having RELEVANT lectures about animation and achieving different effects....

    Not just a bunch of people going 'And then I made a bowl; isnt it pretty?' for hours on end ¬_¬

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a game. Isn't it pretty? :D

    ReplyDelete