Thursday 14 April 2011

Moving parts

Working on the 3rd level (my 4th to decorate) I have came across a bit of a (huge) stumbling block.

Trying to make a machine to be whizzing away in the background, I discovered the following:

Lots of moving parts + animation = super difficult.

It was easy enough to animate the first time, quite time consuming to build all the bits and fit it together, making it up as I went along.
What wasn’t easy was fitting these animations together, trying to time it so that the machine didn’t play out of time (Like meat falling into a box – Needed to land in it every time! Meanwhile, something had to spin constantly.)

As it went into Unity, not only did I need to resize it and position it (all individually) but I then saw that it all went to hell.

Either bits flew off in random places, didn’t show up, didn’t move, or moved wrong, either out of time or in the wrong way.

What an embuggerence.

Take two, and late into the night, the second version. Its done, and SEEMS to work. Just got to scale and position it now. That’s so fun.

I’ll try and get an image up of all the moving bits soon! And you’re due for a demo!

Now, my brain is fried and I’ve made no progress AGAIN (Thanks, Essay.) this week. Good thing I’ve got plenty of time!

Now for sleep. Maybe food. Even if work is more important. (Sunlight and fresh air? Pah!)

1 comment:

  1. I've seen it working now though and it looks really VERY cool!! :D

    ReplyDelete