Wednesday 4 May 2011

Reflecting on reflecting

With 2 days to go (Two?! Oh crap) till I hand in my reflective diary (and an extra week for everything else) I find that it is time I looked back at this semesters ‘reflections’
(Which is silly, really – considering that I am loosing an entire week of reflections!)


Overall, I find it has been nothing but a series of “Hey, look what I did/can not do/ how much I hate unity” but I feel this is appropriate.

The reason I said so much but meant very little last semester was because I was simply doing something I already knew how to do, while I was practicing, I was not learning anything.

This time, however, there has been remarkable progress, considering a few months ago I couldn’t import a texture into unity, and now I am chopping up and pasting code to meet my own needs and begging to think of better and more exciting ways I could make games, defiantly something handy for next time!

The reflections have been far less research-y this time, however my dissertation next year will fill this void, as like I said, it has been a learning experience. It is a case of combining my research and practice with the skills I have learnt now, to truly become a “Master” of the art!

It may not have been the most critical analysis of my work, or even others work, but the diary defiantly marks my progress. And that is what we need! (That and 2500 words.)

No comments:

Post a Comment