Wednesday 4 May 2011

Next time, on MA Games Design.

Ok guys, unless I feel like posting something minutes before I hand in (Or even after… which I do not.) This will be the last you’ll hear from me. Probably.

Having managed to learn a good amount of the unity engine to the point that I was able to produce a small game (Oh my god I made a working game! How awesome am I?) I can easily say the following:

I am happy with my progress this semester.

Hold the applause, we are all very proud, but I am here to talk to you today about whats coming next!

OK, so last semester I predicted I’d be making GDD style level design and mechanic pitch documents.. silly me. So do not take this as given, I may change my mind in the next few months!

Next semester, I am looking at doing something very similar.

Hopefully, I will develop a small game for iPhone, with a control scheme that will translate well, all finished, polished and complete.

None of this “5 levels to show variety” rubbish. Even if the game is 1 level, a full game is a full game.

Who knows, I may even retail it! (And get attacked by the Autodesk lawyers for using a student version of Maya)

So, that’s it, thanks for listening, give me 70% +

Until next time (at which point I’ll make some sort of iPhone app) …Goodbye!

Click here to play the (Somewhat) finished (but in places temperamental) game!

No comments:

Post a Comment