Tuesday 20 September 2011

Unity hates children. and kicks puppies.

I have returned – or for those new faces, arrived!

To get straight to the point, this semester (my third and FINAL semester, dun dun duuun) I will be looking at the Unity game engine again, but this time not only as a vehicle for learning and simple level design – but as something through which I can create a polished and retail-read game.

Having prepared over the summer, playing around with Unity to make sure I knew it well, I completed the fist half of my project: Mechanic design.

On which note I should probably mention – While it is intending to make a complete game, ignoring the final assets for retail, this project is primarily a mechanic and level design exercise.

Anyway. Over the summer I have produced 7 “Test of concepts”
These are VERY simple games demos to show off the idea and make sure it works, and, if I where to continue, help me identify any problems that need addressing.

Over the next week I shall talk you through the 7 game ideas, identifying my feelings towards them and any problems I had.

One has been particularly well received. (More on this later)

While For the next week I’ll be a bit ahead of you readers, I shall continue with my project and keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment