Sunday 25 September 2011

Loss of data is not a valid extenuating circumstance.

While I had intended to post about each of my 7 game ideas/concept demos each day since my last post, I have suffered a minor loss at the hands of technology.

My mouse died on me (and without a mouse, it is hard to do anything to fix it on a computer!) so I rolled back my computer 7 days – of course, all my files where fine.

This of course doesn’t account for two things.

a) any file edited recently seems to have reverted
b) Any JavaScript I had created since then has gone – but it is still referenced as a blanks script in unity
c) Any script changes/fixes I had made are also gone, back to their old broken selves.

While this isn’t such a problem, as it only dates back to September 18th – it still means I have had to go back through and fix a lot of problems. More annoyingly, the demos I had exported also went kaput, so I can not share them until I have fixed them all.

The good news? The two games I’ll be working on game out relatively unscratched (Completely unscratched.)

So while I have lost some work, I will be able to proceed, and share my unused demos with you all (all? I have what, 2 readers?) in the future!

Side note: Sequencing animations is hard/impossible.
Side note 2: I had backed it all up before the rollback, I just need to know whats missing. Mwahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment