Wednesday 28 September 2011

Settings & Characters

In the last two weeks, as you can probably guess, I have narrowed down my choice in games, as well as chosen a theme (Designed several options too..) and begun creating the final assets for the game.

What game did I pick, you ask?

Well, it would appear the fan favourite was…

*Drumroll*

Skipping game!

Yea, I didn’t think that would happen either, but as I’ve always said, my worst ideas turn out to be my best. (Crazy Cubes and Paradox pals – both of which none of you will recognise.)

BUT WAIT! There is more.

With that being a relatively tiny game, I have been told I need to create something that allows me to design levels. So congratulations to runner up Stealth Game – You will also be bought into existence!

Now, having said that, a theme had to be picked.

Skipping game was given some consideration, and the schoolyard theme has been stuck with – however I will be re-creating the characters and improving on it. (Improvements discussed next post.)

Stealthy game was harder – The man with the plan, Josh (Tutor. I realise all my readers are fellow game designers, but at least let me PRETEND someone else is reading.) suggested to me that it would be best to see a stealthy game that didn’t involve shadowy corridors and a glowing green visor in a bank vault.

And after much deliberation – Bunny Robber was born.

Want to see the unused characters? Here you go:


Yup. Ugly. Well here is the low poly characters that will be the starts of my games.

Turn bunny, TURN!

Skipping? More liek Ring-a-round a roses.


And in case you like the style I have rendered them in, here is me reproducing the same look in Unity. (In the form of a low quality Jpeg.)


No comments:

Post a Comment