Sunday 27 March 2011

Its done. The game is done!

I know I’ve said this before, but it really is.

Every prop in the game has been modelled and textured, checked it works, and fixed accordingly.

I can officially say I’ve got it finished.

…But my high standards tell me that I am nowhere near the finish line.

Why?

Because it is barren and lifeless.
The decorations consist only of things that NEED to be in the level, and for me, this isn’t good enough. I like my scenes to be chocked full of detail. I want each room to have a purpose!
After all, why would a factory have lots of big empty rooms?

They wouldn’t.

This game is my baby, and I will make it perfect!
I’m not quite sure how yet, as there is a lot of space to fill. But I will do it.

This will look perfect.

And I can’t take it back now!
(I still hate texturing. But it seems painting a few bits of filth on everything makes it fit the scene, Thank you Photoshop brushes and soft light.)


So, what will I do?
Props! Props props props. Everything from machines to conveyer belts, to make it look like a factory.

But beyond this, I also want to add LIFE! A few animated characters, maybe they’ll just be stood there, maybe they will respond to the player touching them or going nearby. Perhaps they will be part of the environment! I would just like to give a greater sense of a grubby alien planet by putting in.. Grubby aliens!

No comments:

Post a Comment