Thursday 21 April 2011

Just not getting it right.

As I mentioned a few days ago, my animation of a machine went a bit belly up, causing me to have to quickly redo it.

Well, it happened again. This time with a rigged model, after cleaning it up (or I thought I had) it turned out I had neglected the hidden layers, leaving some history I had assumed to be harmless, actually causing the animation to play itself, but keep an untextured copy of the model completely motionless.

Obviously the history of an object is very important in unity, so I will need to begin being a LOT more vigilant about it.

Obviously this is a practice I had learnt a few years ago, but it is not until something causes you a problem that you really begin to take it seriously. As the invisible effects of deleted history often meant very little to me.

I guess all that stuff I was taught for 3 years did mean something!

and good news! I am onto decorating the last level! After this I will essentially be finished, adding the extra touches to make my work truley fantastic. (And sorting out my development work a nd that damn essay.)

Happy chocolate bunny day!

1 comment:

  1. wait.... is choccy bun day TODAY???!!! *runs to eat bunny*

    also yeah I know how you feel about the animation thing ¬_¬ maya gives me hell when I'm trying to animate and have forgotten history... or worse! deleted it when I shouldnt have :( (a prime example being about 5 mins ago) XD

    chin up! youre 3 weeks ahead of the game :)

    ReplyDelete